How to Download an Audiobook from Wisconsin's Digital Library onto your Windows PC Computer
2) Sign in using your MORE library card.
3) To sign in, type your library's name or your library system and select it from the list. In this example, Indianhead Federated Library System.
4) Enter your entire
library card number (without any spaces)and then click on
(You must have an up-to-date MORE library card with less than $10.00 in fines to check-out. If you do not have a library card, go to your local Wisconsin public library to sign-up for a card. To find your local IFLS library, go to http://www.ifls.lib.wi.us/Default.aspx?tabid=150 or to find your closest local Wisconsin library go to http://dpi.wi.gov/pld/wisysdir.html#public.)
5) You will be in your account after signing in.
Click on Setting to select your default lending options.
6) Click on Menu to find audiobooks to check out. In this example, Nonfiction is selected.
7) Below is a list of nonfiction audiobooks. Books can be displayed by cover, grid or list. Covers with a grayed out headphones icon in the upper right corner do not have an available copy to check out.
8) To find an available title, select Only titles with copies available from the pull-down menu.
9) Below is an example of audiobooks that are currently available. Click on the cover to borrow or find out more information.
10) When you find an audiobook that is available that you want to checkout and download, click on Borrow. Note the Available formats.
11) Click on Download and then select your format. Make sure to verify that you have selected the correct file format, WMA or MP3. Both are shown the the example below.
12) After you click on Download with the selected
format, OverDrive MediaConsole will open. Click
You will need to download and install OverDrive Media Console before your download your audiobooks. Click here for instructions.
13) The OverDrive Media Console program will open. Click on OK.
14) Click on OK again.
15) The parts of the audiobook will begin to
Depending on your connection speed and the number of parts to the audiobook, it can take a long time to download. Please be patient and wait for the entire audiobook to download. You will see the progress of the download toward the bottom of the OverDrive program.
16) The download is complete. Click on Play to listen to the audiobook on your computer.
17) The audiobook is now playing on your computer.
If you are on a shared computer, Sign Out of the Wisconsin's Digital Library web site when you are done.