How to Download an eBook from Wisconsin's Digital Library onto your Mac
2) Sign in using your MORE library card.
3) To sign in, type your library's name or library system and select it from the list. In this example, Indianhead Federated Library System.
4) Enter your entire library card number
(without any spaces)and then click on
(You must have an up-to-date MORE library card with less than $10.00 in fines to check-out. If you do not have a library card, go to your local Wisconsin public library to sign-up for a card. To find your local IFLS library, go to http://www.ifls.lib.wi.us/Default.aspx?tabid=150 or to find your closest local Wisconsin library go to http://dpi.wi.gov/pld/wisysdir.html#public.)
5) You will be in your account after signing in. Click on Settings and set your default lending option. Click on Done.
6) To look for an ebook, click on Menu and select your category. In this example, eBook Nonfiction.
7) Below is a list of nonfiction ebooks. Books can be displayed by cover, grid or list. Covers with a grayed out book icon in the upper right corner do not have an available copy to check out.
8) To find an available ebook,
select Only titles with copies available from the
Below is an example of ebooks that are currently available. You can sort the list by Relevancy, Title, Author, Release Date, or Most Popular. In this example, the list is sorted by Relevancy. Click on the cover to borrow or find out more information.
9) Click on the cover of a book that is available to check it out.
10) Click on Borrow.
11) You can select either Read (In your browser) or Download in either the epub or Kindle format. In this example, the epub format to be used in Adobe Digital Editions will be selected.
12) After you click on Download, you will see an icon for the ebook in
your Dock at the bottom of the screen. Double-click on the ebook
In this example, Adobe Digital Editions is also open. If you have not already downloaded and installed Adobe Digital Editions, click here for help.
13) The Adobe Digital Editions program will open. If you have not done so already, Authorize Your Computer with your Adobe Digital ID.
14) When your ebook is done downloading, you will see the ebook in Adobe Digital Editions. You can begin reading your ebook on your Mac.
15) This is an example of a book in Adobe Digital Editions.
16) If you want to return an ebook, click on File, then Item Info.
17) Click on Return.
18) Click on Return again.
The book will be removed from your Adobe Digital Editions library.
18) You can also remove an ebook from your library after the loan period has ended by clicking on File, the Remove from Library.
19) If you are on a shared computer, Sign Out of the Digital Downloads web site when you are done.