How to Download an ebook from Wisconsin's Digital Library onto your Windows PC Computer
2) Sign in using your MORE library card.
3) To sign in, type your library's name or your library system and select it from the list. In this example, Indianhead Federated Library System.
4) Enter your entire
library card number (without any spaces)and then click on
(You must have an up-to-date MORE library card with less than $10.00 in fines to check-out. If you do not have a library card, go to your local Wisconsin public library to sign-up for a card. To find your local IFLS library, go to http://www.ifls.lib.wi.us/Default.aspx?tabid=150 or to find your closest local Wisconsin library go to http://dpi.wi.gov/pld/wisysdir.html#public.)
5) You will be in your account after signing in.
Click on Setting to select your default lending options.
6) Click on Menu to find ebooks to check out. In this example, Nonfiction is selected.
7) Below is a list of nonfiction ebooks. Books can be displayed by cover, grid or list. Covers with a grayed out book icon in the upper right corner do not have an available copy to check out.
Grid view below
List view below
8) To find an available ebook, select Only titles with copies available from the pull-down menu.
9) Below is an example of ebooks that are currently available. You can sort the list by Relevancy, Title, Author, Release Date, or Most Popular. In this example, the list is sorted by Relevancy. Click on the cover to borrow or find out more information.
10) When you find an ebook that is available that you want to checkout and download, click on Borrow.
11) You can select either Read (In your browser) or Download in either the epub or Kindle format. In this example, the epub format to be used in Adobe Digital Editions will be selected.
12) Click on Download, then select EPUB ebook.
13) Your computer
will prompt you to open the ebook file with Adobe Digital Editions.
Make sure Open with Adobe Digital Editions is selected. Click on
(If you have not already downloaded and installed Adobe Digital Editions, click here for help.)
14) The Adobe Digital Editions program will open and download the ebook.
15) When your ebook is done downloading, you will see the ebook in Adobe Digital Editions. You can begin reading your ebook on your Windows PC computer.
16) Click on Library for other views and options. If you right-click on the title, you can return a borrowed item.
If you are on a shared computer, Sign Out of the Wisconsin's Digital Library web site when you are done.