How to install OverDrive & check-out
audiobooks on your
Apple iPad, iPod Touch or iPhone
(If you have already installed and authorized Overdrive, skip to Step 10)
1) Go to the App Store.
2) Search for OverDrive Media Console.
3) OverDrive Media Console will be a free app.
Tap on Free, then tap on Install.
4) If needed, enter your Apple ID Password, then OK. The app will begin installing.
5) OverDrive will begin to load on your device.
6) Open OverDrive when the download is complete. Deselect the check mark for Show at Startup and then tap Done.
7) Tap Get Books.
8) You will need to sign in to your Adobe ID
account. Tap on Sign In.
(If you need help creating an Adobe ID, click here for instructions.)
9) Enter your Adobe ID (usually an email address) and your Adobe ID password, then tap Authorize.
11) Tap on Add a Website.
12) Enter your library by name, city or ZIP code (in this example 54022 for River Falls) and then tap Search.
13) Tap on your local library (in this example River Falls).
14) Under your library name, tap Wisconsin Public Library Consortium.
15) Your browser will open in OverDrive. You will need to Sign In. Tap on Sign In.
16) Select the Indianhead Federated Public Library. This will work for all MORE Library Consortium library card holders.
17) Enter your library card number,
then tap Sign In.
(You must have an up-to-date MORE library card with less than $10.00 in fines to check-out. If you do not have a library card, go to your local Wisconsin public library to sign-up for a card. To find your local IFLS library, go to http://www.ifls.lib.wi.us/Default.aspx?tabid=150 or to find your closest local Wisconsin library go to http://dpi.wi.gov/pld/wisysdir.html#public.)
18) You will be in your account. Tap on Settings.
19) Set your default lending periods and then tap Done.
20) Click on Menu and then search for Audiobooks. In this example, Nonfiction - Biography.
21) Books with a grayed out headphone icon are not available.
22) You can limit your search to Only titles with copies available.
23) Available titles will have a black headphone symbol in the upper right corner. When you find an audiobook you want to checkout, click on the cover image.
24) Scroll to Borrow. Tap on Borrow.
25) Select Download (MP3 Audiobook) to listen to the audiobook using Overdrive.
26) OverDrive will begin loading the title.
27) After the book is done loading, it will be on your bookshelf in OverDrive. Note the days remaining in the checkout period.
28) Tap on the audiobook title to begin listening. You can pause the audio if needed.
29) Tap the arrow at the top left of the option menu to return to the OverDrive bookself.
30) You can return/delete titles by tapping on the + (plus symbol).
31) If the title is still checked out, select Return then Delete.
32) After the book is deleted, you will return to the OverDrive bookshelf. Tap on Get Books to return to the Wisconsin Public Library Consortium.