140 Union St, River Falls WI 54022
M-Th 9am-8pm, F 9am-6pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sun 1-4pm
Any Wisconsin resident is eligible for a free library card. You can use your card at all MORE libraries.
Apply for a library card in person at the library with proof of your current local residential street address with:
- A Wisconsin driver’s license or photo ID with your current address or
- A photo ID and something else that shows your current local street address such as mail, bills, a lease, paycheck, etc.
UWRF students - bring your current UWRF student ID and a photo ID.
You must have your library card to check-out library materials. If you do not have your library card, you can use a current photo ID to check-out one time. You may not check out library materials without a library card or photo ID.
There is a $2.00 replacement charge for lost or destroyed library cards.
Library cards are renewed and updated annually. Do not throw away your library card.
Children under 18 years of age must have a legal guardian's signature on their registration card.
If your fines or fees are over $10.00, you will not be able to check out, renew or use the public computers or devices.
When you sign up for your library card, you accept the following responsibilities:
- Any materials checked out on your card are your sole responsibility.
- You will promptly return all borrowed items by the due date or pay overdue charges.
- You will pay any replacement costs assessed for lost, unreturned or damaged materials.
- You will not lend your card to others.
- You will promptly report any changes in address.
- You will promptly report a lost or stolen card.
- You will obey the rules of behavior when visiting the library.
- If signing a library card for a juvenile, you accept responsibility for fines and charges on that child's card and acknowledge that it is your responsibility, not the library's, to monitor and approve a child's choice of library materials and/or other information resources.
- You understand that you can request library records for your custodial child/ward under 16 (WI ST 43.30).
- You understand that failure to act responsibly may result in the suspension of library borrowing and use privileges, and that failure to pay library fines or return materials may result in local and state criminal penalties.
If you have any questions about your library account, call the library at 715-425-0905.