Monday - Thursday from 10am - 8pm Friday from 10am - 6pm
Saturday from 10am - 2pm
Volunteers keep books and shelves in good order, help with programs, keep the gallery open more hours, raise funds for special needs, and all in all, contribute great things to the library.
The library depends on dozens of volunteers who provide help to library staff on either a regular or occasional basis. Their contribution of time makes more programming available and allows better service to patrons.
If you are interested in volunteering
1) Stop by the Reference Desk or call the library at 715-425-0905. The staff person at the Reference Desk will talk about volunteer opportunities.
2) You will receive a packet of forms and information or you can download the packet before you stop in.
If you are an adult, the packet includes:
The background check will take about a week.
If you are a teen (age 17 & under, must have completed 6th grade to volunteer), the packet includes
(Make sure parent/guardian signs forms)
3) Fill out, sign, and drop off the forms from your packet.
4) Someone from the library full-time staff (usually Adult Services & Circulation Librarian or Event & Gallery Coordinator for adults or Youth Services Librarian for teens) will contact you about volunteering and schedule a time for you to volunteer.
5) Whoever is helping you volunteer will show you how to sign-in, find a lanyard, how to complete volunteer tasks, and discuss patron privacy while volunteering at the library.
UWRF Students & Community Service - if you need to complete volunteer or community service hours by a certain date, please have your volunteer application in at least 30 days before your hours need to be completed.
As this is a volunteer job, you may resign from it at any time or decline any offering. However, we rely on you to perform the jobs you have agreed to.
Please notify the staff in advance if possible when you are unable to fulfill your volunteer schedule.
If you have questions about volunteering at the library, please call the library at 715-425-0905.
Thank you for considering a volunteer position at your public library.